Opportunities to join the Boulder Symphony
Rehearsals generally take place on Monday evenings, and most performances take place at the First Presbyterian Church (15th & Canyon) in downtown Boulder.
Boulder Symphony currently seeks:
- Principal Second Violin - paid, contracted position
- Section Violin
- Section Double Bass
Position remains open until filled.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an audition.
2017-18 Season Principal Singer Auditions
Mendellsohn's A Midsummer Night's Dream - in concert
Annual Opera - Verdi's La Traviata
Mozart's The Magic Flute with Boulder Symphony's Sister Orchestra in Denver, The Arapahoe Philharmonic
Audition information for principal roles and soloist positions:
- Send a video or recording (online links preferred) - repertoire of your choice, and resume to: email@example.com by AUGUST 15
- Send a video (online links preferred) - repertoire of your choice, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by JULY 21
- If selected, you will be required to appear in person for callbacks on August 27th.
Audition and Callback Schedule:
August 25: 3:00pm - 9:00pm @ First Presbyterian Church in Boulder
August 26: 9:00am - 3:30pm @ Metro State University in Denver
August 27: CALLBACKS: 1:00pm - 6:00pm @ First Presbyterian Church in Boulder
All Interested Singers Please Download The PDF Below. Included Are The required live audition excerpts and rehearsal/performance schedules for each show.
If you are interested in auditioning for and joining the chorus for any of these productions, please contact our Chorus Master, Dana Vachharajani, at email@example.com
Boulder Symphony Chorus Membership
The Boulder Symphony Opera & Chorus members have the rare and exciting opportunity to perform in the annual opera and for select concerts throughout the seasons.
Membership in the 2017-18 season would include:
- Acceptance to the choir, through live audition (Times assigned for afternoon, TBA)
- Rehearsals on Monday evenings in the few weeks prior to the upcoming Opera. This does not include stage, tech and dress rehearsals.
- Two Summer 2017 choral retreat workshops to read through, organize, voice and prep upcoming fall/spring symphonic choral works and opera (June and August, TBA)
To Audition for the 2017-2018 Choir:
Interested singers may prepare two contrasting arias/art songs. One must be in Italian.
Open to singers ages 16-Adult
Please email, Dana Vachharajani at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an audition or if you have any questions.
Internships with the symphony
Our internships provide great opportunities to gain professional experience in a unique work environment. Boulder Symphony values quality work and commitment and is willing to invest resources in your learning experience.
All internships are unpaid and will receive complimentary tickets to performances, as well as other perks.
Administrative Staff Openings
There are no current staff openings at this time.
Please click HERE to learn more about volunteer opportunities.